Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

sorry, I put the link again-think it's become a habit! I'll have nothing to say after the 15th!

Both kings 6 year and southampton 6 year are foundation prorammes for students who go to schools with history of pupils not going to university and who have socio economic disadvantages like parents not going to uni and in reciept of EMA and first generation in family to uni. I fit those criteria so i thought i should go for it as my GCSE'S are not that great. So thats why i need to make a choice of my other 2 options do u have any idea on what unis out of them i should pick for my other 2 options. Because im not sure on Barts if i might be cutting it fine with a ukcat score of 620 because they might have a higher cut off maybe this year? and is st georges good for me with my predicitions of AAA.
    Your help is greatly appreciated THANK YOU.

was told it is unlikely they will go up by more than 5 (so would be 617.5) but it depends on who applies. I was going to apply to Soton 6 year for same reasons as you but they said go for the 5 year instead. I am applying through a scheme at Newcastle to encourage those who might not apply. Because N/C would give me a lower offer if they picked me, so would other unis linked to the same scheme. Where are you from and I'll tell you if you link up (you may already know all this but I only found out about the linked unis 3 days ago-my school and careers officer had never heard of it)
    will your referee explain your extenuating circumstances as that might affect where to apply to

Oh i havent heard of this link up of unis at newcastle could you plz tell me more and what do you mean where do i come from i go to school in south east london. Thanks

Oh and the exenuating circumstances are they like i have mentioned above of parents not going to higher education and on low income etc plzz reply and could you give me info on this newcastle uni link up and are you applying to it?

Quote Originally Posted by conorcd View Post
    was told it is unlikely they will go up by more than 5 (so would be 617.5) but it depends on who applies. I was going to apply to Soton 6 year for same reasons as you but they said go for the 5 year instead. I am applying through a scheme at Newcastle to encourage those who might not apply. Because N/C would give me a lower offer if they picked me, so would other unis linked to the same scheme. Where are you from and I'll tell you if you link up (you may already know all this but I only found out about the linked unis 3 days ago-my school and careers officer had never heard of it)
    will your referee explain your extenuating circumstances as that might affect where to apply to
    Oh i havent heard of this link up of unis at newcastle could you plz tell me more and what do you mean where do i come from i go to school in south east london. Thanks.

There is a scheme at N/C uni called Partners where you get a lower offer if you are on full EMA/ extenuating circumstances/ low participation area. I found a link on there to what they call Mutual Recognition Universities, some of whom also make reduced offers (some have schemes to encourage people rather than lower offers). The unis in the scheme are who can give lower offers are :
    N/C, Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, (possibly) Liverpool
    Birmingham and King's College London are in it but i didn't look at what they offer.
    Leicester and Bristol are in it but they said no reduced offers.
    Hull York have their own scheme where they can do reduced offers if you have extenuating circumstances/ reduced opportunities- your referee could put it in your reference.
    Is your school linked to a uni? Mine is linked to N/C which is how I can do it. If not, look on the websites of your nearest unis - it is usually under "widening participation" or "access to leeds" (etc). All I had to do was download a form for my referee to sign-And if I get an offer will do a 2 week summer school next July. It's all about helping those of us who are good enough but have had a harder path.
    If you can't do it through your local unis, still look at hull- therir website has details of their scheme. Possibly other places have their own schemes too (southampton have a 6 year course for anyone who has reasons not to get the expected grades which is open to everyone). I am out until 6 today but put a message here if you need more info and I will definitely check when I get back

Quote Originally Posted by conorcd View Post
    There is a scheme at N/C uni called Partners where you get a lower offer if you are on full EMA/ extenuating circumstances/ low participation area. I found a link on there to what they call Mutual Recognition Universities, some of whom also make reduced offers (some have schemes to encourage people rather than lower offers). The unis in the scheme are who can give lower offers are :
    N/C, Manchester, Leeds, Southampton, (possibly) Liverpool
    Birmingham and King's College London are in it but i didn't look at what they offer.
    Leicester and Bristol are in it but they said no reduced offers.
    Hull York have their own scheme where they can do reduced offers if you have extenuating circumstances/ reduced opportunities- your referee could put it in your reference.
    Is your school linked to a uni? Mine is linked to N/C which is how I can do it. If not, look on the websites of your nearest unis - it is usually under "widening participation" or "access to leeds" (etc). All I had to do was download a form for my referee to sign-And if I get an offer will do a 2 week summer school next July. It's all about helping those of us who are good enough but have had a harder path.
    If you can't do it through your local unis, still look at hull- therir website has details of their scheme. Possibly other places have their own schemes too (southampton have a 6 year course for anyone who has reasons not to get the expected grades which is open to everyone). I am out until 6 today but put a message here if you need more info and I will definitely check when I get back
    Well basically for kings my school comes in its area of non selective schools for the 6 year widening programme where 50 place are available so im applying there and im also applying to southampton 6 year how comes your not doing southampton 6 year. Also is the widening programme at newcastle for those who go to non selective schools in newcastle, because i really want to get into a uni to study medicine. My referee can put that i go used to go to a really bad school with history of bad results but mine were really good for that school and that my parents are on low income etc. Also that 2 week summer school what does it do do you go to it and do they judge you and give you an offer? Thanks so much for your help.

I just checked the newcastle partners and my school is not in it oh well i think its kings and SOTON 6 year programmes it is. But im not sure on my other choices what do u think either: KEELE/ABERDEEN and ST GEORGES/BARTS or even HULL YORK. im not sure on what to choose lol. what are your choices?

Lol another post by me but i researched the access to leeds and that sounds good but do you have to put leeds 5 year medicine down as an option for ucas or not? are you doing that one aswell

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast