WOT 2 DROP??????????

HI EVERY1!

I GOT MY AS LEVEL RESULTS WITH AAAAB WITH B IN CHEMISTRY! (SOOOOO HAPPY :lol: )

I AV 2 DROP 1SUBJECT, CUZ I CNT DO 5 ALEVELS! I CNT DROP CHEM 4 OBVIOUS REASONS. MY OTHER SUBJECTS R BIOLOGY,HISTORY, PHYSICS N MATHS. I WANNA KEEP BIO N HIST, BUT DNT KNOW WHICH 2 DROP B/W MATHS N PHYSICS

I GOT HIGH MARKS ON BOTH, N I DNT LIKE EITHER VERY MUCH, N I DNT LIKE ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER. SO IT JUST CUMS DOWN TO WHAT MED SCHOOLS PREFER?

NE1 OUT THERE HU CN TELL ME WHAT THEY LIKE MORE???????

MATHS

0R

PYSICS??????

Mac5800
    it doesnt really matter, go with the 1 u think u'll do best on, or go with the 1 u like the teacher the most-really doesnt matter. id prob drop maths but thats just my pref.

good luck

Again not much difference between the 2, but physics has more of an application... saying that I haven't used it once, but I'm not a mathematician and have needed only basic maths (which G.C.S.E covered thank goodness!!!)

c
    *Last one out of the forum - PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHTS...*

FY1 - Surgery - UROLOGY

If you don't like either then you could always drop both (unless you want to apply to Cambridge as they like you to have one of them). Offers will only be based on 3 A levels.
    FY1 Manchester
    MBChB, BSc (Hons)

Well maths at A2 can get harder than AS unless you really get on with it, but I thought physics stayed on the same level so i would suggest dropping maths. But then again this may change with exam boards, I did OCR for both.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Ben

Newcastle Med School
    -------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Binternet
    Well maths at A2 can get harder than AS unless you really get on with it, but I thought physics stayed on the same level so i would suggest dropping maths. But then again this may change with exam boards, I did OCR for both.
    Found the same for Maths at AQA, much harder in A2 but enjoyed it a lot.

from an unbiased point of view ( i did maths and physics at AS), i'd say drop maths, cos from people I've been talk into in U6 they've said to get a decent grade in maths you have to spend ages learning it all, so you pay less attention to your other subjects.
    But of course in the end its up to you
    Leicester - AAB (16th Dec) *f i r m*
    Barts - AAB (1st March) *i n s u r a n c e*

i did ocr physics and edexcel maths... didn't really find too much difference between the two, but because i did my maths early i guessed it helped with the physics a bit... i'd prob stick with physics. even for cam u'd b ok dropping maths so long as u've got bio and chem.

K