Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    QS

A little story..........

Last year I applied for medicine at Cardiff, southampton, bristol, kings. Unfortunately i didn't get any offers and was forced into a GAP year. My AS results were ABBB and my GCSE were 7 A's 4 B's. I was tempted to go for a graduate entry after doing a course in biochemistry but instead decided to work hard and get good grades which i did: AAA.

I reaplied with newly found confidence....this time to cardiff, southampton, leicester and birmingham. I heard nothing until january were i was called to my first interview in Leicester. And Lo and behold ive finally been offered! I am absolutely over the moon!

And i feel i must give back to those who helped me. yes thats you guys, this forum, this community. Even though i may not have posted that often, i visited this site everyday, twice a day for the last 1 and a half years. I hope to be around and help those who may be in my position or may have ther problems....... :roll:

help/advice

hey, wow.. your case is really inspiring, i did my a levels in maths chemistry and physics and hold an as business studies i got AABb but i didnt apply last year as i knw ppl struggled without biology, therefore i am taking an intenisve biology course this year in which i am predicted an A grade, and ive applied to 4 london med schools imp,ucl,kings, st georges, and ive heard nothing at all apart from one rejection from Kings college, and i am really starting to worry, do u think im worrying over nothing?? and do u think me doin biology as ina 3rd year of a level study be a disadvantage to me??? .. i seek ur help/advice because you seem like a frequent user of this forum,i would really appreciate any help/advice

usmanmahay@hotmail.com

QS
    Remember it only takes one offer to become a doctor. You still have 3 universites who are looking through your application.

I would not worry about the biology too much as most universities only really require chemistry and atleast 1 other science. I would check the requirements of the unis you have chosen. If anything its a plus point that your doing biology ontop of the A-levels you have done. Since not many people do 4 full A-levels and an AS level ontop.

Very inspiring, QS

Fluffy, I think you have turned into Alan Partridge :wink:

*Nottingham 5th Year Med Student*

'If you've lost your faith in love and music the end wont be long'

Congratulations!

All that hard work and patience really pays back.

I have girl bits ok? :) Clarkey's Avatar
    Congrats QS its great to see perserverance (sp?)
    South Thames Deanery 2011-2013

Currently: Contemplating my next move

Hey QS, im sure i was talking to you all day at the Leicester interview. Congrats on the offer!!! :lol:
    Vicky

QS
    Thanks alot guys...... Hey vicky, how did your interview go? I didn't get a chance to ask as I had to run and catch the train and you hadn't come out by then.

Hey. My interview went well, i was pleased with it, I havn't heard ne thing yet tho. The only thing is, you know when u keep thinkin bout ur interview n start pickin out little bad points, well im doing that at the moment, so im starting to worry bout whether ill get an offer or rejection. :?
    I got an offer from cardiff tho, yey! I heard from cardiff a couple of days after my leicester interview.
    Did you think ur leicester interview went really well? Hav u heard ne thing from cardiff or soton?
    Vicky x

QS
    I haven't heard from ALL my other choices at all. I thought my leicester interview did go really well and like you i started thinking about things i could have said differently.

Actually visiting Leicester has changed my options. My first choice useto be cardiff....but now its leicester. Wots was your first choice again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast