Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The most stupid question

hey everyone
    This question is the most stupid question but its really eatin my brain out...ok.. suppose u get AAA prediction and you apply to a med school with minimum requirements of AAB...In the A-level you don't meet your prediction and manage to get AAB which still meets the minimum requirements...will the uni still accepts you? oh...and another question....do the universiities prefer ppl with AAA predictions than those with AAB? or do they have no preference as long as u meet the minimum requirement....plz get me outta this confusion...
    thanx tulip xx

Aslong as you meet the minimum requirements your fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip75
    hey everyone
    This question is the most stupid question but its really eatin my brain out...ok.. suppose u get AAA prediction and you apply to a med school with minimum requirements of AAB...In the A-level you don't meet your prediction and manage to get AAB which still meets the minimum requirements...will the uni still accepts you? oh...and another question....do the universiities prefer ppl with AAA predictions than those with AAB? or do they have no preference as long as u meet the minimum requirement....plz get me outta this confusion...
    thanx tulip xx
    Hi tulip,

The simple answer is 'yes', if the university made you an offer of AAB and you get AAB they will take you on

About predictions... I know that a lot of the universities (probably all) that has the minimum requirement of AAB say they have no preference AAA or AAB - but i think they do have a preference, that's my personal opinion though. I think those with AAA are more likely to get interviews than people with AAB, but then again they also look at all the other stuff too. Afterall just because someone has brains doesn't neccessarily mean that he/she will make a good doctor.

.....and why shoudn't the uni accept you! If you're predicted AAA and get AAB, you're still meeting the requirments!

Quote Originally Posted by Shehna
    .....and why shoudn't the uni accept you! If you're predicted AAA and get AAB, you're still meeting the requirments!
    Yeah, why shouldn't they?! Don't worry about it, just concentrate on your a-levels whether you get AAA or AAB the uni's will still take you regardless of your predicted - it is your actual that is most important Hope that helps.. Good night shehna

thnx shehna and yanky...
    shehna...are you not nervouse abt 2nd of december?..do we hav to go or is it optional do you know?
    tulip xx

Ermmmmmmmm isn't it on the 7th Decemeber!!! I think i'm going to go, one of my friends got an offer for human genetics and she really enjoyed the open day, she said its informal, and she had a brief interview said it was okay all they talked about is her meeting her predicted grades etc. Come! It'll be fun!

Wether you get AAA or AAB predicted doesnt really matter.......

Most unis process their forms thus: Sift out all the applicants without good enough predicted grades. Then they look at your personal statement, and decide wether they want to offer you an interview.

So if you get AAA and have no w/e or if you get AAB and get tonnes of w/e is what really makes the difference.

So long as you meet the inimum, you're ok.

If they have made you an offer for AAB and you meet those requirements, of course you're gonna get in
    if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Shehna
    Ermmmmmmmm isn't it on the 7th Decemeber!!! I think i'm going to go, one of my friends got an offer for human genetics and she really enjoyed the open day, she said its informal, and she had a brief interview said it was okay all they talked about is her meeting her predicted grades etc. Come! It'll be fun!
    i just checked my letter and it said the department's open day, 2nd ofdec. are you sure your's is 7th?
    tulip x

Yeah i'm sure...it says "the date we have reserved for your visit is Wednesday 7th December".........thats wierd...
    Smart Happily Ecstatic Heartily Nepotist Angel

3rd year Leeds Medic

Clinical Sciences information: http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...-bradford.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast