Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sending off ucas late?

hey guys i was just wonderin if sendin your ucas off between the 5th-15th October will seriously weaken our chances of interview/offers???
    every1 says that we should get out applicaiton off in the 1st week of sept and unfortunately my sch is crap
    iv got everythin sorted at my end since sept and now just waiting....still waiting for my sch to 1) write reference 2) train secretary how 2 send off ucas 3) predict me my AS bio grade.

they've predicted me grades AAB but as iv jst started AS biology this year, they dnt kno wat to predict me....so iv got a test on tuesday and they'll decide from what grade i get there....wat to predict me! thing is....every1 failed their 1st test last year and the teacher even said to us this yr 'il be happy if every1 got an E' and so even if i do get an E 4 the test....the wont predict me B biology AS

lol anyway more 2 the point, does it really weaken ur chances? coz i wont be able to send off my ucas till probz the end of next week! *crys!*

p.s ooo yeah is it true about some uni's bein able to see our AS grades this year?? even if we declined then? read somewhere on this forum that uni's are gon b able to see them...or will it be next year?
    Last edited by rozzy; 01-10-2005 at 02:16 PM.

It makes no difference when you send it, when I applied at school we all sent it on the 13th and everyone got 2-4 interviews and ended up with 1-4 offers.
    FY1 Manchester
    MBChB, BSc (Hons)

It doesn't matter as long as it's processed before 15th October.
    1st year Medic & Rep

look at it this way. Every application received before the deadline is graded, and the top nth % are interviewed. this system means that everybody has an equal chance as no interviews can be offered before all of the applications received before the deadline have been graded. Im hoping mine will be sent some time next week but as long as its before the deadline its not a problem. good luck
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

I sent mine in about a day before the deadline... Didn't do me any harm.
    Steven
    (Foundation House Officer, Dept of Orthopaedics & Trauma, University Hospital of North Tees)

i sent mine on the 15 th last year with very duff GCSE and GCE grades and managed to get a interview. Rather not explian what happend after that. Anyways it does make NO difference.

It does not make a difference whatsoever.

*Nottingham 5th Year Med Student*

'If you've lost your faith in love and music the end wont be long'

There really should be some sort of thread or word file on MSG that can address these kinda issues and save people having to go over the same points over and over again.

There are SO many threads started by people worrying that if you don't have AAA you won't get in, or that sending in the UCAS towards the end of the period will disadvantage you, etc etc.

There's a lot of hearsay involved in applying, and I think maybe a word file or something similar that addresses common problems/worries would save us all time in authoring/replying to threads that jsut ask the same old questions.

How could we go about doing it?
    Scared 3rd year medic at...

You should be fine

I send mines last year on 15th Oct

All the best
    When one door closes, another opens.
    So never give up!
    Life is nothing without love..
    But what is Love?
    -x-

Quote Originally Posted by scrubs
    There really should be some sort of thread or word file on MSG that can address these kinda issues and save people having to go over the same points over and over again.

There are SO many threads started by people worrying that if you don't have AAA you won't get in, or that sending in the UCAS towards the end of the period will disadvantage you, etc etc.

There's a lot of hearsay involved in applying, and I think maybe a word file or something similar that addresses common problems/worries would save us all time in authoring/replying to threads that jsut ask the same old questions.

How could we go about doing it?
    uuummm

I dont really know.

Maybe do a thread and make it a sticky.

Ok I have no bright ideas.
    When one door closes, another opens.
    So never give up!
    Life is nothing without love..
    But what is Love?
    -x-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast