Page 85 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sera2882 View Post
    I'm a complete lurker at NMM (slightly less so on the fb group), but I've been sharing the pain of waiting (although this was slightly alleviated a couple of weeks ago as I was lucky enoughh to receive an offer from Georges).
    I've been looking everywhere for this Facebook group, what's it called? I need another place to lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhereat View Post
    I heard swansea also has intermittent earth quakes due to the rift in space time running through cardiff
    I cannot Like this enough

So, if the bottom rejections have already gone out...then maybe no news is actually good news? That's a little sparkle of hope that might get me through another tortuous week!

@grad11. The group is called the 'GAMSAT Study Group - New Media Medicine'. It's a closed group but if you request membership they'll let you in.

Don't be fooled by the name - I believe the creator set it up during her gamsat revision period but obviously it's evolved as time has gone by and many of us have used it as a support mechanism throughout the application, interviews and offers process. The other half are working towards 2013 admissions and the group is also helping and cheering them through their endeavours!

It's a lovely diverse and amazingly supportive group - do come and join us!

Phew! Quickly checked my e-mail and UCAS Track, nothing and nothing. Guess there's still hope for us yet

Has anybody else found that all the waiting is putting them in just the worst mood? I'm getting really cross with everyone and everything, for no real good reason. I'm sure it's the stress of this business coming out.

Whilst awaiting the release of the SGUL offers (which were also subject to serious delays and confusion) I felt completely stuck in a perpetual state of limbo and my tolerance levels rapidly diminished - I found myself biting loved one's heads off for the smallest things :-/. Rejections were released a day before offers (contrary to what they'd promised) and that night (after we knew the process had started, but were unaware as to how many more rejections were to follow, and why we hadn't heard one way or another) I was not a pleasant person to be around!! I normally deal with stress rather well, but these periods of limbo, where the outcome could change the course of the rest of our lives, have been really testing to say the least! It's not so much the idea of offers or rejections, it's the unknowing that really bothered me!

Try and keep strong as best you can! As I said to someone on the fb group, if there are 35 places left and only 8 more people interviewing, I can't imagine that the pool of candidates still waiting is much larger than the remaining places + 8 (and enough of a waiting list for more offers as and when people decline). I think the majority of those still waiting are in with a very strong chance - though I realise this doesn't make the wait any less stressful. I really hope you all hear soon - it's not on to promise offers would go out at a certain time and then change that - particularly without having the decency to personally inform you all of the delay and give you a revised timescale. Please feel free to bite my head off if it alleviates some of the tension for a bit!
    GEM 2012:

SGUL: Interview 10/1/12
    Offer 29/2/12
    Swansea: Interview 7/2/12
    Offer 15/3/12
    Notts: Interview 29/3/12
    Offer 13/4/12 :-O

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna2012 View Post
    Congratulations Nath99! Did you get the offer yesterday or today?

Are you still going to your Nottingham interview, or was Swansea your first choice?

hey, yeah im still going to my notts interview. it was my first choice as i've got a friend on the coruse down there and i really loved it when i visited, but i really liked swansea too. I really don't know where i'd choose :S
    Swansea Medical School 2012 Entry
    GEM 1st Year

GAMSAT 2011 - 70 (65, 73, 72)

University of Manchester
    BSc Anatomical Sciences - 1st Class, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose View Post
    Has anybody else found that all the waiting is putting them in just the worst mood? I'm getting really cross with everyone and everything, for no real good reason.
    I spent most of Thursday in an absolute state, I can't believe how much I cried when there was no e-mail for me. It's a good thing I have a very supportive boyfriend, don't know how I would cope without him. By Friday, I accepted there was nothing I could do but wait and hope and pray. There's still a glimmer of hope, I'm holding onto it with everything I have

My boyfriend really copped for it. I've been getting more annoyed and frustrated at the littlest things all week, and then he came home after a week in American expecting a warm welcome back and all he got instead was a telling-off from me for not being here during this whole horrible emotionally stressful week when I needed some support. Poor lamb hadn't slept in about 36 hours and didn't have a clue what was going on, much less what he'd done to deserve it (I'll make it up to him later).

I'm more chilled out now, but I really wasn't safe too approach for much of Friday. It's really not like me!

I was frustrated too. But then i went bouldering for 3 hours and now my muscles hurt too much for me to be frustrated