Page 45 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Yes, it's lovely that people care enough to ask, but just as I manage to put the wait out of my mind for a second, someone reminds me again grrr! I wonder if the Earth has indeed started to rotate more slowly or whether it's an illusion! Could do with Superman to push us on a bit :-)

I don't think I answered anything totally wrong, but I don't see how my answers are going to score the top marks on their points scheme, and I'm pretty sure others who would have had the same questions would have given similar if not better answers than me as I was a nervous state! Plus it's never good when they ask u a question about your registrar and u think they say consultant and get caught in your answer with the interviewers saying 'we said registrar' I'm still cringing now!! What room did u guys have?

And tiki I'm convinced the earth is spinning slower now!

Same here! Keep thinking I said the right things... whilst sounding like a rambling plonker though! At least everybody has done all they can do now! Just a waiting game. Relieved for all of you that now know you are on a waiting list! I think its pretty bad that you have been a bit left in the dark though.

Quote Originally Posted by eadamson View Post
    Same here! Keep thinking I said the right things... whilst sounding like a rambling plonker though! At least everybody has done all they can do now! Just a waiting game. Relieved for all of you that now know you are on a waiting list! I think its pretty bad that you have been a bit left in the dark though.
    I'm assuming there is a list! this however could be "neither confirmed or denied" by broken phone/broken email/building closed admissions lady. Is waiting for news post interview more agonising that pre interview? Im guessing it is as your all one step closer. good luck guys!

I had Room 1 and both of the Admissions Directors were in there, which was a bit scary. I wonder who was in the other rooms and whether they were as intimidating! Been trying to guess what my score might have been against the criteria they showed us. The nerves really didn't help and I'm sure most people would have given better answers than me on some questions.

I would say waiting for news pre and post interview are equally agonising! Getting an interview was a big relief, but then the stress builds again and after the interview the endless replaying and knowing I could have done so much better is agony too!

I had room 3, in which were two doctors and a medical student, they were friendly.. To a point but didn't give much away, the atmosphere was still intimidating. Can u remember the interview scoring criteria? I'm struggling to remember it!
    If only we could just see that piece of paper with our score on

I was in Room 3. My interviewers were the sat back, arms folded type - I find that quite off-putting!

@Joanna2012: I completely agree, everything to do with this process is agonising. I'm really trying hard not to think back, what good will it do now? I just hope I've done enough this time.

Still haven't heard anything.

Gave them a ring two days ago, they said they are still updating track and couldn't tell me more. I did try pushing for more answers asking how many had been interviewed, is there a reserve list etc but they said they couldnt tell me any more.

Really anxious obviously because I think even with highish GAMSAT scorers going off to Nottingham, Georges they'll still be able to find the 70 odd people from the 200 (and if they have interviewed that many, presumably those on the 200 who didnt get past the interview would be next in line for an offer over those who didn't get an interview).

Which begs the question why not just reject the rest of us or let us know if we are on a reserve list? Why have a reserve list anyway? I know quite a few saying they haven't heard anything (including those on this forum) so why have such a huge reserve list? Doesnt make much sense really. All speculation, clinging naiively onto the hope they will still interview more people but I've applied to Ireland GEM programes as a back up but still pretty anxious.

If they set a score as a sort of 'pass matk' from the 225 or how ever many they interviewed not all may have passed which I'm guessing is where this reserve list comes in.

I totally agree with you though, what harm would one email be just explaining that if you've not been interviewed or not been rejected then your on a waiting list, then it stops all the worry and speculation, plus all the phone calls they'll have had and are likely to continue to have from people who understandably want to knows what's going on, sigh the next few weeks can't come quick enough!