Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    I might as well set ucas track as my gravestone

@Good Fortune: I meant in terms of GAMSAT score when they're first sifting through the applications.

They scored the personal statements out of 36. For an interview, you had to get 29 or above.

As far as I know they check all applications to make sure they have scored a minimum of 50 in GAMSAT. Then they score the personal statements - the website has the admissions policy on it, which outlines the criteria they use to mark the ps against. This year applcants needed 29+/36 to secure an interview. It's only after interview that you GAMSAT score is used to add a few extra points towards being made an offer or not.

Zan
    I can't see anything about criteria for ps marking etc can someone post the page link so I can have a look, not that it makes a difference now lol but I'm bored and need something to look at (other than track) ta

Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    I can't see anything about criteria for ps marking etc can someone post the page link so I can have a look, not that it makes a difference now lol but I'm bored and need something to look at (other than track) ta
    here you go Zan:

Home - Policies

Just head to that page and click on admissions policy :-)

Zan - you have to identify the common essay themes. Friendship, war, money, law and order, humour, technology. They come up time and again. Write a good essay on each one, of a length you can do in the exam. Spend a lot of time on it in the prep stage, bringing in stuff you've read in newspapers, blogs, history, whatever turns you on. Try to learn the essays.
    When you get the prompts in the exam you should be able to reshuffle the relevant essay into answering one of prompts.

This forum hasn't let me post links in the past, so I've copied and pasted the six criteria:

1. Medical Motivation
    2. Caring/Social awareness
    3. Responsibility
    4. Other interests
    5. Study skills
    6. Academic referee’s report

I too called Swansea today. They are still sticking to the same story- too many applications to have processed. The woman seemed (to me) a bit taken aback though when i asked whether not hearing anything at this late stage would suggest a rejection. So maybe they genuinely havent even looked at some applications properly.

Zan
    Thanks Good Fortune that's superb help, v much appreciated and thanks to Joanna too x (I'm not thick just what you might call educationally challenged lol)

They could at least send an e-mail out informing people where they are up to. It wouldn't suprise me if some people have given up hope and their interview email is somewhere amongst all the spam mail in their inbox. They should send letters out it's more reliable (arguably)

You aren't educationally challenged - with all these things there's a knack and some things come easier to us than others. I suck at UKCAT and would like to see it banned.
    Anyone else in a total funk? I am struggling to cheer myself up and have a long way to go until we hear.