Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Yup! I did radiography in Africa and didn't think it worth a mention. Patients were arriving in wheelbarrows with week old rags round their heads. Some were clearly in end-stage TB or Aids. All of them looked terrified and wretched. Not worth mentioning. I can't believe the chumposity of myself sometimes.

But I give up on trousers. Trousers make me feel dumpy.

Chumposity! What an awesome word!! Did you use it in the interview, Good Fortune? That would definitely have swung it in your
    favour We're our own worst critics that's for sure but how you come across at interview is not only about your answers, but also your attitude, which I'm sure was great! Is time dragging, or is it me? x
    A-levels: Biol (B), Chem (B), Physics (B)

BSc (hons) Marine Biology 2i, Swansea Uni 1999

GAMSAT 2010: 69, 73, 73 Av 72

GEP Medicine Swansea 2012 Entry: Interview, 23rd Jan :-), Offer , Firm. Can't believe I'm finally going to be a doctor!

Time is definitely dragging! Tiki, I think it's because we had our interviews on the very first day so we've been waiting the longest. Loving "chumposity" - adding this word to my vocabulary as of today!

I didn't wear a suit because suits don't suit me :s

It certainly seems like a while since our chat in Starbucks sa119!! I wore a trouser suit as I save my legs for special occasions.....better that way for everyone! I am throughly enjoying the new series of Junior Doctors at the moment :-) Quite exciting/scary to think it could be us one day!

It's been less than a fortnight but it feels like forever! I started recording the series on Sky+ but someone thought it would be a good idea to delete the first episode. Needless to say, I was very cross!

Had someone ask me what questions I got asked at interview so they could prepare for their interview, how cheeky! I would never give someone an unfair advantage, pity other people don't think the same way. We're all in competition! I've never known anything so dog-eat-dog.

It's made how competitive it is...I worked so hard to get here, I'm not going to give anyone else an unfair advantage over me by telling them what the questions are!

Chumposity is a fantastic word, going to make sure I use that now!

When were you guys told you'd hear? First we were told mid- to late-March, but then the guys who interviewed me said they'd try and let me know in a fortnight or so :S But I guess a fortnight from the end of interviews is nearly March, so...heavens I don't like waiting.

A fortnight? Wowser! I really hope the waiting isn't in vain.

Zan
    Hi, just wondering whether Swansea expect a minimum score in each section or just an overall good score? Thanks. I cant believe they re still processing applications, but I suppose its reassuring that each one actually gets read -I still haven't heard anything (apart from an acknowledgement slip). I can't stop refreshing track! Do they just send an e-mail or a letter for those who have interviews?