Page 135 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1534
    I feel the same, why can't they just tell us where we are ranked... I can't call Jane again though, she already knows me on a first name basis, I feel too guilty bugging her anymore!!

Has anyone managed to find out how many people are on the reserve list?

Although, to have an idea of our chances we would also need to know how many places haven't been firmed yet...

Somebody in central admission told me it was around 45 people, but this was just a guess based on that around half of the 90 applications they had received back from medicine were for the reserve list...

Nottingham let us all know our positions on the 7th and you can ring up everyday after to see if its changed, so I don't see any logical reason why swansea can't do the same

I agree gemzlouise, the only reason I can think of as to why they won't tell us is that they have not decided on the final rankings but that in itself does not make sense as we must have been ranked in the first place to be put on the list! Who knows what their reasons are!

I still think ~45 people on a waiting list for a course that only takes on ~70 students is rather excessive. Nothing they've done to date has made the blindest bit of sense. I don't want to be kept hanging on forever only to be told no. If it was a yes, that would be a different story But what are the chances? This process is so cruel.

I just want an answer now really, if it's a no then I can start gamsat and UKCAT prep again, book some courses and it will relieve a lot of pressure financially too! I want to book a holiday but i won't be able to afford to if I get an offer, but a rejection means another year to save for uni n so I'll be able to afford a social life! It's not fun putting your life and plans on hold when the chances are it'll be a rejection anyway lol this whole process is just crazyy

Crazy ain't the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_Kitch View Post
    I just want an answer now really, if it's a no then I can start gamsat and UKCAT prep again, book some courses and it will relieve a lot of pressure financially too! I want to book a holiday but i won't be able to afford to if I get an offer, but a rejection means another year to save for uni n so I'll be able to afford a social life! It's not fun putting your life and plans on hold when the chances are it'll be a rejection anyway lol this whole process is just crazyy
    I'm also feeling the same Amy_Kitch! I was thinking of enrolling myself onto that gradmed course in preparation for sept. I believe it begins sometime in June but according to previous wait-listers, we could be waiting right up until the start of term! So ideally I would like to know if they want me or not so I can start my gamsat and ukcat prep once again. I know I can start now but the waiting is just putting me off from getting down to any revision. I haven't actually rang the admissions dept yet as I know they won't give a out a whiff of whats happening.

I'm also at a loss of what to do from sept onwards. I currently work as a HCA (been doing so for about a year) but as GEPs are stupidly competitive I was thinking of going for this graduate job I applied for (and have now been offered a job!) as I could at least afford the 5 yr courses if I applied again for 2013 entry. However I fear that if I applied for 2013 entry once again with this new job instead of working as a HCA, they may question my commitment towards medicine and wonder why I left my hca job (which to date has been exceptionally good work experience) for some high flying graduate job. Am I reading to much into this? Do you reckon admissions folk would do this? Other than my HCA work I have about 4 years voluntary work underneath my belt in various roles and I can easily get references for everything that I have done.
    I just don't know what to do! ahhhh! I just wish swansea would hurry up

I like to think that the point of work experience is for the individual to be able to make an informed decision when applying for medicine. I don't think more time in the same role would be of any benefit.