Page 131 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1534
    Hmmm, am I right in thinking Omlette is in the 1st year and came via the reserve list?
    Swansea GEM 2012 - interview 24/01/12

Cardiff undergrad 2012 - OFFER!!!! 23/03/12

It's just 10 on this forum so far. Off this forum, none of us have a clue. Notts and St George's have already given out their offers, it's just a waiting game now for the lucky ones to decide where they want to go.

I think you might be right, BeforeIGetTooOld.

Maybe omlette can 'fill the gaps' and 'satisfy our hunger' for information, and give us an idea of numbers. Sorry, couldnt resist

S/he has always been awesome with the inside info...
    Swansea GEM 2012 - interview 24/01/12

Cardiff undergrad 2012 - OFFER!!!! 23/03/12

Yeah that would be really helpful to know!

Hopefully, s/he has a good lurk from time to time!

Hi guys. I was in exactly the same situation as you last year so really understand your frustrations. Realisticly I would hope there will be enough places come availabe through the offers taken elsewhere to get the lot of you on. It is however going to be a long drawn out process with people at Nottingham etc taking their time deciding, possibly waiting on a conditional there and using swansea as a back up and lots of other weird scenarios. People can also withdraw from the course all the way up to september and again they will contact some unsuspecting person who's given up all hope by then from the reserve list which happened last year. They had to sort out student finance etc after they started.
    If you do start looking at preparing for the GAMSAT again, making sure you are not wasting valuable revision time while waiting on a very long drawn out process, (you might kick yourself if you decide to retake it and look back on all the possible time you could have prepped for) then I would definitly recommend the gold standard book. Should be advertised on the right of the screen. I found it really helpful.
    Hopefully see you guys in september

I forgot to mention that I didn't get in from the waiting list last year although I was successful this year. Sorry if this sounds pessimistic. If you can somehow get hold of the actual rank order of the reserve list that would be helpful in knowing if you can be realistic about getting one of the places that come available. Reminds me of Willy Wonka

Morning all!! Just an update to kick start another day of speculating, someone on the gamsat Facebook group who currently studies at Swansea and who is looking to apply to GEM for 2013 was given a talk from admissions recently who said that roughly on average about 16 people on the reserve list are successful in getting offers. How accurate this is I do not know, but thought I'd throw it out there as 16 to me is more than I maybe expected so it's kinda good news for us! If only we could clarify how many are on the reserve list and what position in the list we are.... Can't see us getting that info any time soon lol

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, there are 10 of us on this forum on the waiting list. Someone also mentioned that Central Admissions told them that on the list of 90 yesterday, roughly half were on the reserve list. That really does seem excessive to me. Why give so many people even the tiniest glimmer of hope? It's really not fair. I doubt we'll ever find out our rankings. So, more horrendous waiting for us. We should be used to it by now! I so don't want to sit GAMSAT again, I'd love to be able to sell off all my stuff