Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Are you talking a mid degree transfer, or going for GEP after the Bio Med degree?

If you mean the latter, I know people do make the transfer. I'm starting with a few ex Bio'meds this year.

However there isn't any preference/benefit given to these candidates. So the only benefit in this case is that fact, you might have more confidence in the interview and be more "in the zone" in terms of thought processes, enabling you to perform better at interview.

Concerning a mid course transfer, I've not heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean that it won't exist. However, I'm not sure how that could fit in with the syllabus/course structure.
    SGUL GEP (P - Year) - That's a 3rd of 4 years, but 4th of 5...
    "All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream..."
    E.A.Poe

I think your questions pretty well answered in the thread dude. No its not hard, just requires motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by xsewax View Post
    Is the jump from uni to A'levels harder gcses to A levels. I was hoping to apply to StG's via adjustment, with hope to transfer to medicine. I was just wondering if you put in bthe work, is it possible to achieve the transfer? Some people saying it near impossible and very few transfer.
    Thanks
    It's really hard to compare a-level's with university style teaching. At the end of the day it's all subjective, with a levels you have an national/international exam board setting the papers/syllabus for what you are taught. With university the same course at different universities can vary quite much as well as different types of assessment. But one thing though that is for sure, if you are used to being spoonfed information through your whole school/6th form life then you might find the jump quite hard to cope with, but that doesn't mean nothing can be achieved through good timekeeping, organizational skills. But again that's standard university crap everyone knows about.

Anything is possible if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do, as long as the transfer option is there you have every chance. Having said that it's all about reasonable and assessing your options, if you have the a-level grades and everything and you want to do the biomed programme even though the likelihood of you attaining an offer through the standard 5 year route is greater just because you don't want to take a gap year or something. Thats being silly.

Does anyone know the booklist for Biomed at St Georges??
    thankyou

Find out when you arrive, you wont need anybooks for a few weeks and to be honest most are available second hand in the school school on the cheap. Put it this way I went in on a book buying frenzy and most are mint condition still! Rang dale and ritter, anatomy colouring in, and a physiology book are pretty much all you may use. But its all online nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by sabz1242 View Post
    Does anyone know the booklist for Biomed at St Georges??
    thankyou
    there's no official booklist that you get. you do however get some lecturers that put down recommended books at the end of a lecture on the slides. but don't waste your time and money purchasing them (there's way too many altogether and many of them can be irrelevant just background info and stuff), most will be available in the library and as hodiurnal said a lot of them can be found online, almost all these books you will never need in it's entirety, some are pretty damn long and you may just need to read a chapter or a few pages from a 1000 page textbook. i'm sure you can put this money to better use as a first year fresher.

enjoy your first year at georges remember work hard and play hard.

and we don't want to see your freshers ass in the library for the first few weeks or you are going to get a good telling off from the previous years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123