Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
    Shaum

Did you sit the last London GAMSAT or one of the other sittings? I heard that they have trouble getting the results from the other sittings. So if you have your results slip pdf, it might be worth emailing it in.
    hey martigan. thanks for the advice. i'll def do that first thing monday morning then. and i sat the london gamsat. acer did ask me to supply them with my ucas number before the results were declared, which i did. so, i presumed all was well. but anyway, thanks for the advice again dude

Quote Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
    Shaum

Did you sit the last London GAMSAT or one of the other sittings? I heard that they have trouble getting the results from the other sittings. So if you have your results slip pdf, it might be worth emailing it in.
    hey martigan. sincere thanks for giving that advice. i called georges up and apparently my interview invite email was in my spam since the 1st of dec. i hope they don't take it away coz i didn't give my reply slip within 7 days. so anyway right now i have mine on 13th jan 2pm. hope to see any of u lot then. good luck to everyone!

How are people preparing (if at all) for the upcoming MMI's?
    Physics Graduate, MPhys, 2010

GEP Applicant 2011-
    Kings: Interviewed - Offer -( 5 year) - Declined
    Warwick: Interviewed - Offer - Insurance
    SGUL: Interviewed - Rejected
    Notts: Interviewed - Offer!!! - Firm!

UKCAT: 760 (VR 730, QR 800, AR 750, DA 760)
    GAMSAT: 68 (69, 59, 72)

Quote Originally Posted by gravymister View Post
    How are people preparing (if at all) for the upcoming MMI's?
    Good question. I'm conflicted as to whether I should prepare and if so how, or whether it is going to be counter productive to do so. Intuitively I feel I would perform better if I get a feel for the experience beforehand so I might just get a few friends to practice with using similar scenarios to the one described on the SGUL website. Would be really useful to see the marking scheme but assume there's little chance of that! How about you, any prep?

Do you know of what the numbers are this year?

Well I don't know either, I feel like I should prepare because its so important, but on the other hand I don't know really how to or whether it'll help.

I'll probably get friends to help too, and I've been looking online for examples to just have a think about. A mark scheme would be lovely or really any more information than the scraps they give us but unlkely!

I think I read somewhere they have 98 places? Don't know how many people are being interviewed though.

GEP Applicant 2011-

Hiya,

You guys share my thoughts exactly. I got so nervous about all of this last week but now have calmed down somewhat

I'm trying to woo my friends currently also and trying to practice for some of the questions a bit. I want to prepare cause not preparing makes me really nervous about it but don't want to appear too rehearsed. Deciding what to wear has been another nightmare. And thinking if I need to buy anything for the trip, and deciding on the flight dates and arranging housing etc etc…

One of the interview papers had last year's stats and I haven't had the nerve to ask for further info about this year's numbers.

2 weeks exactly till mine at SGUL *nervous laughter*
    SGUL GEP 2011

With regards to what to wear Nabbe, Kings released a document saying what to wear for their MMI interviews, which I guess applies to SGUL too. It sayes:

"Dressing suitably for a clinical environment

Many applicants are unsure how to dress for the interview. We want you to feel relaxed when we meet you as we know that this will allow you to demonstrate your abilities optimally during the interview. However, doctors need to have a standard of dress that will facilitate their contact and communication with patients. As we are seeking to identify your suitability for this clinical environment, we expect our interviewees to adopt the dress code applied to compulsory clinical experience for all medical students at King’s.

This extract from the Dress Code for Guys & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust indicates what we expect:

Female employees
    Skirts, blouses, smart T-shirts, jumpers, jackets, dresses, culottes, suits, trousers, slacks,

Male employees
    Business suits, sports jackets, blazers, trousers, smart T-shirts, shirts (with collars- long or short sleeve).

Non acceptable Clothing
    The following items of clothing are examples of unacceptable clothing, either on the grounds of Health and Safety or for the Trusts public image: Denim jeans or skirts (all colours and styles); Track suits, casual sports T-shirts, leisure shorts, combat trousers, sweat-shirts, baseball caps/hats. Overly tight or revealing clothes, including mini-skirts, tops revealing the midriff and leggings. Skirts that are sufficiently long that they touch the ground when walking are not acceptable on safety and hygiene grounds. Clothing bearing inappropriate slogans.

Hair
    Hair should be neat and tidy at all times. Headscarves worn for religious purposes are permitted.

Facial Covers
    Staff who wear facial coverings for religious reasons are expected to remove them whilst on duty.

Footwear
    Footwear must be safe, sensible, in good order, smart and clean and have regard to Health and Safety considerations. Trainers, Stiletto heels and plastic flip- flops are not acceptable.

Jewellery and Piercing
    Jewellery should be discreet and appropriate and not cause offence or be a health and safety hazard. If in a clinical environment, any items of jewellery that creates the potential for an act of violence or the possibility for entanglement (e.g. large hoops in earlobes,) the item must be covered or removed during working hours.
    Facial/body piercing is not permitted and must be removed before coming on duty. This includes tongue studs. If staff have piercing for religious or cultural reasons, these must be covered.

Tattoos
    Visible tattoos are to be discouraged and where present should not be offensive to others. Where they are deemed to be offensive they should be appropriately covered."

GEP Applicant 2011-

Hey Gravy. Thanks, yeah I read that document just yesterday again
    Still too many options and all with guides saying "overdress rather than underdress" etc, but I'm pretty sure I know now what I'm going to be wearing.
    SGUL GEP 2011

Yeah that's true, I think I'm just going to play it safe and suit up, can't go wrong wearing a suit I suppose.

GEP Applicant 2011-

Space SUIT UP!

It's going to be LEGEN...and I hope you're not afraid of cows because the next word is DAIRY!
    SGUL MBBS 4 T- Year (2/4)

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast