BM4/GEP entry as an Arts graduate

Hi, have just found this forum whilst googling so thought I'd may as well ask those in know

I'm thinking of a big career change, especially subject wise so some/any advice would be much appreciated with regards to the BM4 course at Southampton.

As I understand it, only 4 unis take on Arts grads and I'm looking at Southampton in particular as would mean I could commute from home (just do not have the money to rent somewhere, live AND do the 4 year course). I'm really not keen on taking out a loan of any means so first question is - would it be sensible to keep costs to an absolute minimum (bar transport, small amount of rent and food costs) and commute in every day? I'm aware of the 9am starts and that wouldn't bother me but would commuting have any issues that I've not tought about in the later years ie: clinical rounds or something?

Secondly - A level results. Southampton ask for A-level Chem or AS in Chem and Biology. I've got AS Chem and the full A-level in Physics. Am looking at taking the Biology AS during my year off and have that as pending on the UCAS form.

What I really want to know is although Soton say "just A-level passes" how much do grades really come into the application procedure, given they don't appear to interview? As although I have the A-levels, my Chem AS is at a D grade and Physics is at an E (B at AS though). I loathed sixth form and didn't do that much work, hence my grades *oh the shame* On top of that I'd be applying with a 2:1 for my BA and an MA (not sure on results we don't even get told how we're doing during the year and full results arn't until November).

I know they take on Arts grads but are they looking at those who still have straight As at A-level in say two of the Sciences?

Also for any Arts graduates already doing the GEP course, has the first year been full on Science and Chemistry? Or has it been more learning the structure of the body from the obvious to the minute detail?

Any help would be much appreciated

Which 4 uni ?

Really !? That's very interesting what you just said.

Which 4 uni accepts arts grduates ?

-T x

Quote Originally Posted by tedz007 View Post
    Really !? That's very interesting what you just said.

Which 4 uni accepts arts grduates ?

-T x
    Eight actually. But the two med schools need you to have A Level Chemistry.
    Foundation In Medicine: St Andrews University via Perth College

When I called them, about taking A-level chem this year, they told me all I needed was an E...
    SGUL GEP (P - Year) - That's a 3rd of 4 years, but 4th of 5...
    "All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream..."
    E.A.Poe