Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do Southampton Interview ?

Exactly as the thread title says
    'We can't all be heroes, someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by'

I'd also be interested as I have got an interview coming up for southampton..and as they rarely interview (for BM5)..i'd appreciate if anybody could help
    Ta!

Southampton interview selected Mature non-grads and selected international students only. Home undergrads and grads do not have interviews at Soton as far as I am aware...
    King's College A100 2009: Offer (AAA) - Firm
    Withdrew from BSMS and Notts, rejected from Soton.

"You can survive a stroke, but the price of medicine nowadays will give you a heart attack." Gotta love the irony...

I have girl bits ok? :) Clarkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RamonMachado View Post
    Southampton interview selected Mature non-grads and selected international students only. Home undergrads and grads do not have interviews at Soton as far as I am aware...
    But thats besides the point because the OP has already stated that she has an interview. She wants to know how they interview not if/who!

And there are a small number of BM5 applicants interviewed every year who are home students.

From my memory the interviews will be based in part on your personal statement, some questions about the course, your interests etc. Nothing that is too theoretical and they should be friendly. If someone else has had a more recent interview than me they will be able to give you a better idea.
    South Thames Deanery 2011-2013

Currently: Contemplating my next move

you may find that you are asked about a recent media story, but mostly it is personal to you so know your ps...
    Newcastle 3rd year (accelerated)

Thanks for the help Clarkey and latestarter I'm bit curious now though..I mean if you get called for an interview for BM5 does it mean you have passed the academic part of the application already? or they still look into it after the interview- in decision making process for the offer?

I have girl bits ok? :) Clarkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hmk90 View Post
    Thanks for the help Clarkey and latestarter I'm bit curious now though..I mean if you get called for an interview for BM5 does it mean you have passed the academic part of the application already? or they still look into it after the interview- in decision making process for the offer?
    Your academic skills are firstly assessed by your UCAS form and what your predicted grades/referee says. Then they look at your PS and will either interview you or not depending on the course.

If you get an offer it will be conditional on you meeting the grades they ask you to get. And that is the last stage.

Hope that helps
    South Thames Deanery 2011-2013

Currently: Contemplating my next move

Thanks, I have an interview next week and im starting to panic. So mainly on PS and maybe recent news article.

Is it similar to the BM6 interviews ?
    'We can't all be heroes, someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by'

For me, it's difficult to say if BM5 and 6 are different as my interview was for both at the same time, same for my friend just before me from the same college...
    Newcastle 3rd year (accelerated)

i had a bm6 interview 1 month 2 days ago lool nothing on ps or reference no typical questions which was really weird as other people had typical questions
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

I'm Totally Uncool..........In Opposite Land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast