Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

BM6 Study Material

[B]Hi guys, just discovered this website. i have an conditional offer for the BM6 course to start in October. I am certian that i will meet the conditions required. Can i kindly Ask any one who did the BM6 and the type of books that were used during year 0. As i would like to purchase the required books before i start the course, as i have nothing to do this summer so i would like to read ahead.

Please someone getb ack to me on this

Thanks guys

I have girl bits ok? :) Clarkey's Avatar
    Hi there,

I've just finished the first year of BM6 and i'm going into BM5 this october. (Sorry this is spam but I can't believe how quickly it has gone! I've finished BM6!!!! woooo hoo!) Ok sorry. You are certain you've got the grades? Thats a very fortunate place to be in.

The main book you will need is Anatomy and Physiology by Marieb, the 2004 edition. Its about 45. It is the core text for most of the course, most of the handouts come from it, and if you memorise it then you'll be fine. I wouldn't suggest you bought anything else, you get a book grant once you get here and you should use those to save you money. You'll get a book list when you come, although you won't need hardly any of the books that are on the list. You'll need a medical dictionary and possibly a biochemistry book, although i didn't buy a biochem one i just borrowed one from the library.

To be honest i'd just enjoy the summer, the course is challenging and you won't get another break for awhile!

Congratulations, see you in october!
    South Thames Deanery 2011-2013

Currently: Contemplating my next move

Hi clarkey, thank you very much for replying back, very useful information for me. you are right i should just relax and do nothing till october and then hard work should begin again. its cool that we get book vouchers, didnt think unis were that generous. Southampton sounds really cool and i cant wait till i start. oh by the way congratulations for passing on to BM5.
    Oh there is one more thing that i want to know, its about the accom. is it true that ensuite rooms are smaller than standard rooms?

Bloomin 'eck, Clarks!!! It's gone so fast for ya! Well done on passing the year, I knew you would!

xxxxxxxxx

*Nottingham 5th Year Med Student*

'If you've lost your faith in love and music the end wont be long'

Well done on your offer Haydarbolat! ! Hopefully see you here next year !
    When one door closes, another opens.
    So never give up!
    Life is nothing without love..
    But what is Love?
    -x-

Thanks peaceful blossom. So has everyone done their exams? mine are finnaly over and im of to Turkey with my girlfriend for 2 weeks. i really cant wait im gonna have a mad time, after 2 years of hard working time in A-levels. anyways i hope u all achieve the results u all need, and see you all in October

Wow! I've still got a chem exam! How come you've finished ! Hehe

Have fun on your hoilday! All the best!
    So never give up!
    But what is Love?
    -x-

The A-levels that i did was Bio, Psychology, geog and AS Chem, an all my exams were crowded within two weeks, therefore i finished early. Goodluck on your chemistry exam

Ahh I see!!! I wish I only took As chem, so much better!

thanks for the good luck. All the best!
    So never give up!
    But what is Love?
    -x-

Chemistry luck

I too have the dreaded final Chem A2 tomorrow. Good luck to all taking it! (surely this has to be one of the final A level exams this year? - seems soooo late to me!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast