Graduate applicant for 2012 entry

Hi, I was wondering if there's any graduate applicant for 2012 entry to sheffield medical school?

2011-2012 Applicant:

QMUL (4 Year) - Interviewed, 22/02/11 - Rejected
    KCL (4 Year) - Interviewed, 16/01/12 - Rejected
    Oxford (4 Year) - rejected without interview, 29/11/11
    Sheffield (5 Year) - Interviewed 27/01/12 - conditional offer (1st class degree), received on 23/02/2012 --------------- Condition met, off to medical school!

UKCAT 752.5

BSc Biomedical Science (1st) 2012

Hi folks,

Don't mean to take things on a tangent, but I was wondering if any prospective/successful GEM students could give me advice!

I'm currently studying Diagnostic Radiography (BSc hons) at Glasgow Caledonian University, but I have a burning ambition to go on and study medicine after I graduate! Is this even realistic? Would my undergraduate degree be enough to gain access to a 4 or 5 year course, if I had a good ukcat and plenty of work experience? I haven't seen anyone else on this site who has applied with a degree in Radiography, so I'm a little worried!

Thanks for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by glinds21 View Post
    Hi folks,

Don't mean to take things on a tangent, but I was wondering if any prospective/successful GEM students could give me advice!

I'm currently studying Diagnostic Radiography (BSc hons) at Glasgow Caledonian University, but I have a burning ambition to go on and study medicine after I graduate! Is this even realistic? Would my undergraduate degree be enough to gain access to a 4 or 5 year course, if I had a good ukcat and plenty of work experience? I haven't seen anyone else on this site who has applied with a degree in Radiography, so I'm a little worried!

Thanks for your help!!
    Hey glinds21, yes its definitely achievable, I think I have come across other applicants on newmediamedicine, or another forum (cant rmb) that applied with a degree in radiography.

You degree can get you into either 4 or 5 yrs programme, depending on the universities you are applying to. Check this out: Medschoolsonline - Where do I start: medicine for graduates and mature students

Dun worry, you will be fine, make sure you get at least 2:1 at your degree as well.

2011-2012 Applicant:

Sheffield (5 Year) - Interviewed 27/01/12 - conditional offer (1st class degree), received on 23/02/2012 --------------- Condition met, off to medical school!

UKCAT 752.5

Quote Originally Posted by lemontea View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if there's any graduate applicant for 2012 entry to sheffield medical school?
    I see you were given a conditional offer for a 1st, is the conditional offer what you were predicted ? I am considering getting my tutor to predict me a 1st to improve my chances but i am a lot more likely to achieve a 2.1 and don't want to screw it up by having bee predicted to a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I see you were given a conditional offer for a 1st, is the conditional offer what you were predicted ? I am considering getting my tutor to predict me a 1st to improve my chances but i am a lot more likely to achieve a 2.1 and don't want to screw it up by having bee predicted to a first.
    Hey Dark Knight, sorry for the late reply. Yes i am predicted to get a first. However, i was given conditional offer for 1st only because I didn't meet their Sheffield Medical School's A level requirement for a 2:1 offer (BBB at A levels). So if you have at least BBB (it might have changed so check the med sch's website), then a 2:1 is fine.

hope this helps

2011-2012 Applicant:

UKCAT 752.5