Are transfers to Newcastle possible?!

Does anyone know if Newcastle ever accepts transfers from other unis?

I live in Newcastle but have a place to study at Kings starting in September 2007 (deferred from last year).

I'm a 'mature' applicant and I applied via the graduate entry routes. I was told I didn't meet the academic requirements for Newcastle as I have a 2:2 for my first degree (Pharmacology - TEN years ago!). I subsequently gained a Masters in Public Health at commendation level and scored highly on GAMSAT and MSAT (97th percentile), and got offered a 5 year place at Kings, which is great!

However, financially it is going to be really hard to relocate to London, my partner and his business are based up here, as are all my family and friends! I would desperately like to stay here or, failing that, get back here as soon as possible!

I would like to know if Newcastle ever accept transfers at any stage? Is it even worth contacting the University to discuss such things, or do you suggest it's a total impossibility?!!

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Helloo

Not 100% sure about newcastle but im in a very similar situation and have looked into transferring betwen unis - I would say there is almost no chance of transferring during the degree. The only thing I think you can do is to do well and apply for your training post in your local deanery. Unfortunately universities don't seem keen on transfers, otherwise a lot of people would do it !

You could always try asking though...

Good luck

Blyth, Northumberland (15 miles from NCL)
    hi, the admissions policy says-

""Due to the integrated nature of our medical degree programme, we do not normally consider students wishing to transfer from another medical school. Such students would be expected to apply to Stage 1 entry, via UCAS, provided they have not previously been considered and declined by us.""

not sure thats what u were hoping 4 but iguess it doesnt say its impossible!

I don't suppose you have a place at Newcastle that you want to swap for a place at Kings do you Tinkerbelle?!! Now that would be a good idea, a swap-shop!!

Thanks both of you for replying - yeah I kind of guessed that it would be a 'no' but I thought it was worth asking! The admissions policy says "not normally" but it doesn't say 'never' - maybe I shall start a campaign!?! It's just annoying that so much emphasis is put on something I did years ago when I had a totally different outlook, though I understand they need some way to cut down the applicants - damn Newcastle for being so popular!

unfortunately not!! would trade for manchester if only! i'll sign the campaign though he he!