Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier_reposte View Post
    i am so sorry but i think i need to intervene now...bokorovko all these people on this forum have been civil in giving you 'a nice' explanation for why mature students should have the same opportunity to go to med school, as any other 3-4 a-levels, 18 year old student. that doesn't give you the right to go ahead and insult your fellow forum peers.

now i don't care if no one agrees with me on this but i feel that this young brat has confidence issues...probably got has has been bullied at school, and feels that his education will be his shield against 'all the bad people who don't understand how i feel'. get it right matey...you are a fool. mature applicants are untrustworthy are they? they are ugly too? and all mature students are menopausal? so all doctors are the opposite of this are they? you are a superficial fool...i think you need to have a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself...what have i got to offer this world? if you say doctor...you'd be wrong...if you say want to save lives...save yourself numbty...you the one with the issues, and I think you are all the above you described. if we are ugly...from what you have said, you have a very ugly heart. i have never spoken to anyone in this forum so messed up.

we should all be supporting each other...whether Jim has a third or not...I wish him the best of luck, and as you can see, Jimmy boy, you have a lot of support on this site. don't let this dumb hoodlum put you off. as i said in my private message to you it's great to see someone so motivated, so don't give up your fight...and to any other student out there...there is an old African saying...if you try really hard you can even find God or nirvana...if being a doctor is your dream...pursue it until the very end. I, most definitely, am.

PS. Bokorovko, you are one very lucky mofo I didn't start swearing at you
    Hear Hear!

Well Said!

I'm always in two minds about "feeding the troll".

I know he posts provocative, noise about his own contorted prejudices, just to cause conflict, or to deliberately misinform any one new on the forum. But there is always a vain hope that by engaging him, you can help him understand the utter crap he is spouting.

His fixation against “matures”, his “massive talent”, the inequities of life with the same arguments that show a complete failure to comprehend the realities of life.

It does make me wonder. - Someone just winding up for “fun”, surely should have got bored by now, as it’s always the same carbon copy, deluded tosh with a new account like a stuck record. If he really does hold this dysfunctional view of life I can’t see how he socially functions. (This also re-enforces the bullied victim theory)

As for the admins, they can do some thing, as he has done enough in the past to have legal action taken against him. It’s just who is going to pay for it? Any one of us here who he has harassed, have the right to demand the IP logs and pursue an action them selves. Though may have to go “legal” to get the admin’s to hand them over.

They could also change the account sigh up process. But as the site is run by sponsorship, which will probably involve pay by the “hit”, and no of “active” users, to tighten up they will reduce the site revenue…

Thus they have conflicting incentives to deal with the troll.
    SGUL GEP (P - Year) - That's a 3rd of 4 years, but 4th of 5...
    "All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream..."
    E.A.Poe

Pretty much every discussion forum on the internet has a minority that derives some enjoyment from winding up the other users. Internet trolls are akin to siblings who enjoy winding each other up - they do it for the reaction. The idea that you might somehow reform them by responding with reason and logic is very silly indeed. Arguing with points they make is precisely the reason they post in the first place.

The problem here was that several people responded to a very obvious attempt at baiting by one person, and that person took them for a ride for about four pages of this thread. These people might have felt that they were doing the right thing in defending mature students, but in fact they were complicit in derailing the thread of someone who had come here asking for help, which is incredibly rude.

For those of you who enjoy logic, please see the following link for an equation to explain the phenomenon of internet trolling:

Penny Arcade! - Green Blackboards (And Other Anomalies)

To any one who finds this post via a google ect. I would say ignore the arguments here and flick off a quick email to the university's which you would like to apply. When it comes to getting into medical school the main opinion that matters is that of the admissions staff.
    I wrote a large number of emails and the worst I got back was a pint blank no. Most were much more helpful and some that said no said I should write to other medical schools as the rules vary.

Thanks for all the help guys. All the best with your applications.

p.s. Dose anyone the the record for application cycles then finally getting a place ?
    Last edited by jim.bham22; 28-12-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Where there's a will there's a way- keep looking into your options and deal with the med school admissions directly- they'll give you objective sensible advice. If you really want to become a doctor you'll find the path to do it . Best of luck

Talking May be of interest

Hi Jim,

Just some info for you. I had a 3rd class for my first degree (Computing : Games Development 2002). But after speaking to the unis found the best way was the ATM course run at the COWA, Kings Lynn. Anyhoo long story : short. Did the course, never regretted one moment of it. Had 3 interviews, 3 offers. Went to UEA and now working as an F2 in orthopaedics and applying for CST in T&O.

Its been an amazing, stressful journey. Would I do it again. Defo.

It can be done.
    Michael
    Doctor

Michael,
    Thanks so much for the reply. It has really given me some real inspiration... I have a had a further look at UEA website they also accept a MSc. as long as it has enough biology in it.

p.s. how long out of uni where you when you got into medical school.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hi Jim,

Just some info for you. I had a 3rd class for my first degree (Computing : Games Development 2002). But after speaking to the unis found the best way was the ATM course run at the COWA, Kings Lynn. Anyhoo long story : short. Did the course, never regretted one moment of it. Had 3 interviews, 3 offers. Went to UEA and now working as an F2 in orthopaedics and applying for CST in T&O.

Its been an amazing, stressful journey. Would I do it again. Defo.

It can be done.

About 1 year. But thats not the prob from my pov this whole MSc sounds a bit dodgy tbh, not something I would have done. But your choice.
    Michael
    Doctor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456