Any ideas of where wouldbe good for me to apply?

Hi everyone
    I am a 25yo Musical Theatre Graduate. I have a 1st degree but my A-levels are danish as I am from Copenhagne. I have the highest level of biology and have the highest marks and I am spending this year taking a UK AS level Chemistry. I also have danish AS level equivalents in Physics, Maths, music and English.
    Ihave worked as a careworker for 2 years part time back in Denmark before I came to the UK. I have done volunteering back in Denmark for the education of children in the 3rd world. I have done charity concerts here in the UK and am looking to do some hospice work now for some more recent experience.
    I spoke to Southampton and I think they would consider me for their GEP programm and maybe also Cambridge. I do not really wish to sit any of the entrance exams as my chemistry is not good ebough to pass it yet and in the MSAT I think it would be harder for me as an EU student. Just because I would be up against people with degrees in english, litteraure, philosophy etc. I just know that even if my english is good, it needs to be outstanding for the exams.
    I was wondering if anybody has any ideas of where else to apply? I am looking into some 5 yr programmes aswell/. Brighton and Kings??
    Has anyone been in the same situation or know of anyone who has, and if so do you have any ideas?
    Thank you
    Nicolas

You imply you won't be applying as a Home student so I'd suggest double-checking with the GEP courses; a lot of them aren't open to International students.

HTH

-- A.

hiya
    Yes I would be applying as a home student, or EU student. They acceptUK and EU, nothing else.
    Nicolas

Ah, my fault for not reading your post carefully enough. Of course, if you're applying as an EU student then you should be considered Home.

In that case, I would suggest considering the Swansea GEP as well. It does mean sitting GAMSAT, but if you are considering SGHMS or Notts GEP then you'll require it anyway. In my opinion, it still seems one of the best routes to get onto a GEP course from a non-science background.

For 5 year programs, you could do worse than look into Sheffield and HYMS. Both have a good reputation for mature students and I've heard that Sheffield particularly is willing to consider people with unusual backgrounds. You may want to phone both first just to verify that you would be considered - there's no point wasting a UCAS slot and admissions staff tend to be pretty frank about your chances if pushed.

Also, if you haven't already, have a look at http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk for the lowdown of places and their requirements.

HTH

-- A.

Thank you so much for the help.
    I have spookent o a few now, SOuthampton I think would consider me and cambridge aswell. Kings and Queen Mary wanted english a-levels even if I meet the requirements with my danish a-levels. silly! But nothing I can do about it.
    I will have a look at Sheffield and HYMS, but I must say I would like to apply nearer London where my life is. I have been here for 5 years and am 25, have a flat, partner etc. so might be abit much to ask to move to Hull for 5 years..hehe
    Thanks again, i will look into it tho