rad

re --what is liverpool looking for in graduate entry students?

Hi All,
    What sort of percentage marks are Liverpool looking for at A level in top 4 subjects?What sort of 2:1 degrees--i.e.--nursing or physiotherapy --are these good degrees?how recent must the healthcare experience be?

what other criteria are they looking for?perhaps other grad students will be able to answer this?
    Thanks.
    C.

Hi rad.

I'd say the information on the website is pretty informative. I don't think they weigh A levels too highly (it's just a tick in the box, you have to have to cut off requirements set out on the website though). Degree has to be of a scientific of clinical background - there's a fairly comprehensive list on the website, and it can include psychology (we have two psychologists this year, as well as a midwife, a physio, a dentist, and lots of biomed etc).

I'd say any recent experience is good because it is easier to talk about, but all experience is good and they will probably ask you about it extensively if you put it in your personal statement.

Hope this helps a little.
    University of Liverpool Grad Med Fresherrrr!
    Year 1 course rep

rad
    Hi,
    I've got 2 years of physiotherapy experience,and I have done physiotherapy in India.However I am a British Citizen.What counts as 2:1?(I have an average of over 65% in my Indian physio degree over 4 years).Are there students who have done their degree outside U.K but are British citizens?
    Are there any physiotherapists who would be interested in chatting with me about their interviews?How did you go about your personal statement and interview preparation?
    Rad

Hi Rad,

It sounds as if that would qualify - however it is very easy to check by emailing the medical school admissions.
    I live with a physio who is doing medicine, he has a years post-qualifying hospital experience.
    I think as a rule I heard you should have >65% in your degree.
    The interviews are fairly standard - they don't ask too much about your previous degree, mostly about experiences and ethical scenarios.

University of Liverpool Grad Med Fresherrrr!
    Year 1 course rep