30-03-2006, 05:04 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
keele-PBL questions.... plz plz plz help!
hi, i know its last minute as evry1 mst b busy celebrating their offers or pondering on rejections.....i hav an i/v wid keele nxt week and as i have been nearly rejected by every1 else, so vry dsprtly need dis.....
my Qs regarding the keele-PBL are.....
1. what is PBL tutor's role in keele? (it seems to differ at every med school!!!)
2. What can the PBL tutor do to make sure you stay on track?
3. Once the learning objectives are identified, are they split between the team members to research and then share in the next tutorial (like UEA-PBL) or does every1 has to research ALL of the objectives (like Liverpool-PBL)
4. How do you know if what you have learnt for your learning objectives is correct? (there are no assesments/exams until the Jan/summer exams themselves). Lets say if u later found out what you have learnt is wrong or not enough, how would u go about re-learning?
5. What happens if some1 isn't pulling their weight in the PBL group? does the tutor gets involved? does the slacker suffers? what abt the other ppl in da group? etc
6. how do you know that you are putting in sufficient work in your own time?
Am really sorry 4 asking soooooooooo many Qs.... i jst wana make sure i cover all da bases... i know exactly how Liverpool-PBL works but not 2 sure abt the keele/manchester one. So, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! :-) once again... sorry abt so many Qs!
31-03-2006, 11:07 PM #2
Hello, i had an interview a few weeks ago and i found that this http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte...l/326/7384/328
really helped me in preparing for PBL questions. Its not specific to Keele, but it covers most of the main point interviewers would want you to know. It also explains advantages/disadvantages of PBL and how the PBL process works and what the tutor's role is in the group.
Hope this helps
SarvApplied 05/10/2005 @ 08:08
Manchester....... Interview 28th March 2006 Offer AAB!
Keele.....Interview 15th March 2006 Offer AAB!
Leicester........ Unsuccessful Medical Biochemistry Offer
Leeds........ Interview 2nd March 2006 Unsuccessful
Biochemistry - Birmingham........ Offer BBB 31/10/05
Biology - Birmingham........ Offer BBB 12/12/05
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
cheers m8, that was quite helpful.... like u said its not specific to Keele but if it got u an offer, good enough!
but am still a lil scared of saying something stupid abt PBL in the keele interview (04/04)..... y cant all med schools adopt 2 same PBL practice..
thanks again..... hopefully c u in keele :-)