14-05-2012, 11:47 PM #11
- Join Date
- May 2012
Sorry if it sounds as if I'm just typing my life story up. Lol I guess typing this out has made my thoughts a bit more clearer, and your answer has certainly helped me immensely! Bless you!
15-05-2012, 04:43 PM #12
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Not a problem! It definitely helps to get it all out
You can definitely apply to UK schools as a graduate HOWEVER...the accelerated (4yr) courses are for home students only and you'll have to have been here for 3 years prior...Harsh right?
So you'd end up at a 5 year school.
Sorry if that was confusing or contradictory - there are so many damn rules!!
So in conclusion:
1. If you want to study here, you have to go to a 5yr school. These places are limited and you have to have the equivalent of AAA at A-level, which is 3APs at 4-5 in chem/math/bio OR a year's work of University level science in the same subjects.
2. Places for international students are limited and expensive (compare them to US prices before accepting!!)
3. You have to pass the UKCAT with an excellent score
Do you medical training in the US but take a semester(s) here during electives!
Also important to note: It's very., very difficult getting a job in the UK as a US doctor and there are an incredible number of hoops to jump though, so consider carefully where you want to eventually practise and wher eyou'd be legally allowed to...
Good luck xx1. SGUL : Jan 7th interview - BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE
2. Swansea : Rejected w/o interview (booooooooooo)
3. Nottingham : Just filled out the questionnaire AND I'M EXCITED
4. Let's forget this one ever happened.
GAMSAT: 65 (when rounded!), or 67 if you do it my favourite way
By Iknis in forum Access to MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 30-09-2009, 02:36 AM
By himanshu23 in forum Non Traditional ApplicantsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2008, 07:13 AM
By ash400 in forum Leicester Medical SchoolReplies: 3Last Post: 01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
By curlyq in forum International Medical StudentsReplies: 8Last Post: 31-10-2006, 10:40 PM
By EmmieJ in forum UK Medical School AdmissionsReplies: 8Last Post: 27-08-2005, 03:25 PM