Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi doctork2,

Im starting medicine at King's College in September. I applied to Liverpool, Southampton, King's and Newcastle. I havent done any IB or A-level courses but I got interview from Liverpool, King's and Newcastle. I would suggest that u send an email to the schools u r interested in applying to, telling them about your specific qualifications (like what subjects ur taking and what marks u r getting) and ask them if u r eligible to apply. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by THFan View Post
    Hi doctork2,

Im starting medicine at King's College in September. I applied to Liverpool, Southampton, King's and Newcastle. I havent done any IB or A-level courses but I got interview from Liverpool, King's and Newcastle. I would suggest that u send an email to the schools u r interested in applying to, telling them about your specific qualifications (like what subjects ur taking and what marks u r getting) and ask them if u r eligible to apply. Good Luck!
    How were your UKCAT scores? When I do the practice tests, i get around 720... Hopefully, I'll improve more over the summer when I'm going to actually start preparing for it.

If you don't mind, can you tell me your grade average? (i.e. 90%) I know that many universities in the UK requires Canadian students to get at least a 90% average with 90%+ in Biology and Chemistry. I'm getting 97 in Grade 11 Biology and a 90% in grade 11 Chemistry. However, I have other courses that are 95%+.

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help!

My UKCAT score was 730. I think anything above 700 is a good UKCAT score. My grade 12 average was 96%. It seems like u r getting solid grades in ur subjects. Just keep that up next year as well. Also, unis r big on volunteer work and extracurricular activities so the more experience u have, especially in health care environment, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by THFan View Post
    My UKCAT score was 730. I think anything above 700 is a good UKCAT score. My grade 12 average was 96%. It seems like u r getting solid grades in ur subjects. Just keep that up next year as well. Also, unis r big on volunteer work and extracurricular activities so the more experience u have, especially in health care environment, the better it is.
    The problem is, All my sciences/maths marks are high, but subjects like english (which im getting 80 in, because our school is really tough on english - they have a no-90% policy) is bringing my average down to around 92%. Does this bring me to any disadvantages?

I was also applying having marks from Ontario High School. My average was 96.8%. My UKCAT score was 700. From my own experience, I know that Liverpool accepts the most amount of international students. I am going there next year and there are around 20 Canadians.

I believe the schools focus more on your Chemistry and Biology grades but I may be completely wrong. Sorry I don't really know much about how they weigh English.

I would like to know how the post grad training work in UK for international students. How long is the post grad training if I just want to be a GP? I am confused with the terms like F1 and F2.

As a international student, how hard is it to stay behind and get post grad training after med school?

Thanks

Regarding international students at UK medical schools , how are the chances of succeeding in the application for an european candidate ( I came from Romania ).How many of them currently study in UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony93 View Post
    Regarding international students at UK medical schools , how are the chances of succeeding in the application for an european candidate ( I came from Romania ).How many of them currently study in UK ?
    I believe Romania is part of the EU (European Union). Your application will be considered alongside "home"/UK local students. For fee - paying purposes, you will not be considered as an international applicant. I also believe it is considerably easier for an EU applicant to gain an offer of place than it is for a non - EU/international applicant.

@Tony93, you have all chances to succeed.
    I know a few persons from our dear country who did it.

I wish you good luck !
    I write about Infections and Psychiatry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast