Gog

Gamsat tutor in South Wales

Gamsat tutor based in Cardiff with Gradmed 2011 notes, past papers etc. Studying graduate medicine next year. PM me if you're interested or have any questions.
    Last edited by Gog; 19-03-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: clarification

Gog
    I still have the gradmed notes, past papers and griffiths but would rather use them while trying to help somebody than just sell them. Qualified science teacher and Chemistry PhD happy to answer any general questions on PM or here.

Hello

I have just joined NMM and have seen your post. I am planning on sitting GAMSAT this September and wondered if you are still offering tutoring. I do not have a science background and live in Swansea but can travel.

Cheers

Catrin

Gog
    Hi Catrin, I'm over in Swansea on the 11th if you want to meet for a chat or give me a call if you want 07789 594565.

Hwyl

Gog
    Sorry Catrin it's the 12th I'm down - or I'm in Swansea on the 8th or 9th if that's easier.

Brilliant. The 8th suits me. I will try and contact you tomorrow via telephone in the evening.

Diolch

Catrin

rbc
    Hi, my story is very much the same as Catrin's and I am also from Swansea. I would be interested in getting some tutoring mainly Chemistry for the science section of the test. I will send you a text shortly.
    Thanks

Gog
    Rbc - I'm meeting Catrin tomorrow . Try and get in touch before then if you can to see if it makes sense to do the tutoring together in future.

Hi there, Im loking for some direction regarding study materials for Gamsat 2012, and some tutor sessions nearer the exam in september. Currently based in Llanelli. I have no science background, am 34, currently work in mental health , finishing my MSc psychology dissertation and only just started gamsat revision ,so very much pushed for time!!!!
    Could you offer some advice as to what areas of 3 sciences are more likely to come up- given time restraints I need to pick and chose , And what study materials you would advise- What A-level science texts would you recommend . Also, Im thinking the ACER books and possibly Griffiths of Gold standard. Could also travel to cardiff in september for extra tutoring if you are able? Not expecting to great a score this year given my time restraints, but going to give it a go in september anyway!!

If you have any advice- would be much appreciated!!

Thanks kate

Gog
    Hi Kate
    Generally the science content works out approximately 40% Chemistry, 40% Biology and 20% Physics. You can probably get away with AS level physics and A Level Chemistry and Biology. You won't be expected to learn that much information it is more about the application of concepts, mechanisms etc. Organic Chemistry is probably the most important bit to learn because it's not really possible to guess while the Biology can often be worked out by 'common sense' and a bit of background knowledge. Most A level textbooks would be useful - but concentrate on the concepts rather than learning lists of bones or muscles etc. Organic Chemistry for dummies looks good.
    I'm starting in Swansea in September - so won't be too far away. I'll have more time off in August, however, if you want to go over a few things.
    I'll PM you with more information - but feel free to give me a call on the number above.
    Hwyl
    Last edited by Gog; 16-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.