Forum: Evidence Based Medicine
Online EBM Tutorials:
- Users’ Guides to Evidence-Based Practice: Complete set of Users’ Guides, originally published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- What is EBM: Centre for EBM, UHN Toronto.
- Introduction to EBM: Duke University.
- An Introduction to Information Mastery: Michigan State University.
- Introduction to EBM: Boston University Medical Center.
- Some principles of Evidence Based Medicine: Washinton University in St. Louis.
- Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine: University of Alberta, EBM Toolkit.
- Netting the Evidence: A ScHARR Introduction to Evidence Based Practice on the Internet. Sheffield University.
- Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine Tutorial: Boston University Medical Centre.
- Evidence Based MEdicine Shepherd: Moodle based EBM course.
- Becoming ADEPT: Sheffield University.
- Introduction to EBM: Uptodate.com (Powerpoint)
- Evidence Based Practice: Paul Glaszion, University of Queensland and Oxford. (Powerpoint)
- Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine: Gregory W Dalack, MD. (Powerpoint)
- Introduction to EBM for Med/Peds Residents: Alex Djuricich, MD. (Powerpoint)
- Principles and Practice of Evidence Based Medicine: Roberto Cardarelli, DO, MPH.
- Introduction to EBM: Rodney Smith, MD. St. Joseph Mercy Hospital University of Michigan.
- Evidence Based Medicine Why? What? Who?: Mass Health Data Consortium.
- Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine: University of Southern California. (PDF)
- An Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine: Helping Learners Acquire EBM Skills: OUCOM
- An Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine in Family Medicine: Dept of Family Medicine Dalhousie University.
- Searching Medline for Evidence in the Primary Medical Literature: Boston University Medical Center.
- EB On-Call: Database of ‘Critically Appraised Topics’ (CATS) of 38 on-call medical conditions.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse: EBM practice guidelines.
- Cochrane: Systematic reviews of the medical literature.
- Infopoems: Database of “Patient Orientated Evidence that Matters”
- Dynamed: Clinically orientated summaries for 2,000 topics.
- Trip Database: EBM Database.
- DUETs: Database of Uncertainties baout the Effects of Treatments.
- HSTAT: Health Services/Technology Assessment Text.
- CMA Infobase: Clinical practice guidelines.
- SUMSearch: selects the best resources for your question, formats your question for each resource, and makes additional searches based on results.
- BestBETs: Best Evidence Topics.
- ACP Journal Club: Evidenced based original studies and systematic reviews.
- Evidence Based Medicine: for Primary Care and Internal Medicine.
- BMJ Clinical Evidence: from the British Medical Journal.
- Medical Decision Making: bi-monthly, Sage Publications, Inc.
- The Bandolier: an independent journal about EBM.
- EBM Stats Calculator: EBM Calculator is designed to calculate relevant statistics for Diagnostic studies, Prospective Studies, Case Control Studies, and Randomized Control Trials (RCT). Also available for Palm and Pocket PC.
- NNT Calculator: Converts odds ratios to NNTs.
- UBC Clinical Significance Calculator: Calculate clinical significance.
- CATmaker: Software tool which helps you create Critically Appraised Topics, or CATs.