Thread: Graduate GCSEs

Question Graduate GCSEs

Hi guys, I'm hoping to apply for the 5 year course at Cardiff. I am in the 2nd year of a Medical Biochemistry degree at Leicester and hoping to achieve at least a 2:1. I just want to confirm I am elligible to apply though.

As an undergrad applicant I knew not to apply to Cardiff as I didn't have the GCSE grades, they ask for at least 9 at grade B and I only had 7. I did a lot better when I got to A-level, possibly because the college I went to offered me help and extra exam time because of my dyspraxia whereas my secondary school hadn't offered this. I was also only diagnosed with having dyslexia last year but that's another story. I know this doesn't count as extenuating circumstances for the GCSE results so decided my best bet was to prove I was up to the academic requirements of the course by doing a science degree.

My question is: do these GCSE requirements still stand if i apply as a graduate? The entry requirements are listed as being the above still for the 5 year course but it has a section underneath where it says graduate applicants have to offer B is Maths and either English Language or Welsh Language. I got an A in both maths and english so does this mean that (degree permitting) I'm now elligible to apply and have a chance of an offer?

Thanks in advance.
    Warwick Final Year

BSc Medical Biochemistry - Leicester
    First Class

A Level
    AAAAa
    GCSE
    2A* 4A 1B 2C
    UKCAT - 765
    VR - 650, QR - 900, AR - 720, DA - 790

bix
    I'm a mature student at Cardiff (not a graduate) and my GCSE grades are much, much lower than the requirements.

So, I'd tentatively say that you'd meet the academic criteria. Check with admissions to be sure.

Good luck.