14-02-2009, 08:32 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
University of Queensland Medical School Applications Open for 2010 intake
I am posting this information for anyone who is interested in applying to the Medical program at the University of Queensland for the January 2010 intake.
Applications are now officially open to the UQ Medical program for the 2010 intake via OzTREKK.
For more information about the entry requirements, please visit: OzTREKK - University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program
Apply now at: OzTREKK - Apply to study medicine at the University of Queensland School of Medicine, Australia
Visit the OzTREKK UQ Media Centre to watch the latest videos: OzTREKK - University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program
If you have any questions about the information provided below and the process itself, please don't hesitate to contact Alison at any time: email@example.com
The University of Queensland will again this year use the ďrolling admissionsĒ process.
Admission for 2010 intake
- The applications process has OPENED for the 2010 intake. All interested students can now submit their applications for the medical program at the University of Queensland to OzTREKK.
- Applications are being assessed by the School of Medicine at the University of Queensland commencing April 1, 2009.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling admissions basis from April 1, 2009 by the School of Medicine. Therefore, the sooner a student applies, the sooner his/her application will be assessed from April 1, 2009. Offers will be granted on a 'first come, first serve basis.' It is advised that students apply now so that their application is data processed and ready to be assessed on April 1, 2009.
- Only complete applications will be assessed by the School of Medicine from April 1, 2009. Students must submit a completed University of Queensland International Student Application for Undergraduate Studies Application Form, all post-secondary transcripts and your MCAT results. (To apply, please visit: OzTREKK - University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program
- Applications and all transcripts and MCAT results are submitted directly to OzTREKK.
Entry Criteria for 2010 intake
Three components contribute to selection for admission:
1. Post-secondary GPA Requirement
- Performance in the most recently completed key degree. A key degree is a bachelorís degree, honours, masterís degree (coursework or research) or a PhD. Applicants must meet a minimum grade point average to be eligible.
- For the 2010 intake, the minimum GPA will be 5.00 (on the 0-7 scale, where 4 is a pass).
- Your GPA is calculated for your most recently completed degree and averaged over the duration of your degree. For example, if your most recent completed degree is a Masters degree, then only the results from your Masters degree will be assessed. However, you will still need to submit your undergraduate transcript.
- If students have repeated a subject, then both marks will be calculated into the overall GPA.
2. North American Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) Result
- Applicants must meet a minimum level of achievement in the admissions test to be eligible. The minimum scores required for the MCAT, 8/8/8/M.
- Only MCAT results from sittings from 2007 to 2009 will be accepted.
- If you have completed the MCAT more than once, then your best MCAT results from the same sitting will be assessed.
- No deadline has been set for the final MCAT sitting eligible for assessment. However, students must be aware that only completed applications (including MCAT results) will be assessed. By sitting the MCAT sooner, you are potentially increasing your chances of places being available when your application is complete.
3. Consultation with a UQ School of Medicine Staff member
- Applicants who meet the GPA and MCAT requirements will be contacted by the School of Medicine to partake in a consultation.
- A senior academic from the School of Medicine will make contact with the applicant via telephone or in-person in Canada.
- No traditional interview questions will be asked. The aim of the consultation is to provide those who received an offer in to the program an opportunity to learn more about the UQ medical program and the School of Medicine and make sure that by accepting their offer it is the right decision.
- Applicants have the opportunity to ask questions of the senior academic member during the consultation.
Number of Places in the Program for 2010
- Total number of places - 430
- Total number of Australian domestic funded places - 300
- Total number of international full-fee paying places - 130
Annual Tuition Fee for International Students Commencing in 2010
- The 2010 tuition fee is $48,000 AUD per year
There is $0 AUD application fee to apply to the University of Queensland through OzTREKK. The University of Queensland does have a $100 AUD application fee, however, if you apply through OzTREKK, the University of Queensland waives the application fee.
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply to the Graduate Entry Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program at the University of Queensland do so using one of the following three methods:
1. Apply Online:
OzTREKK - Apply to study medicine at the University of Queensland School of Medicine, Australia
2. Download University of Queensland School of Medicine Paper Application form: OzTREKK - Apply to study medicine at the University of Queensland School of Medicine, Australia
3. Request a University of Queensland, School of Medicine Information and Application Package: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the University of Queensland's medical program or the application process, please don't hesitate to contact the official University of Queensland representative in North America:
Alison Simser, Medical School Admissions Officer, OzTREKK educational services, Canada
Phone: 1 866 698 7355 (Toll free)
Website: OzTREKK - University of Queensland, Australia, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program
Once again, if you have any questions, please donít hesitate to contact Alison any time.
OzTREKK - Your Canadian Connection to Study in Australia
A> 102 Sumac Lane
P> 1 866 698 7355 ext. 202
Int'l> +1 613 267 4004 ext. 202
F> 1 866 698 7311
W> OzTREKK - Your Canadian Connection to Study in Australia
(Please note, this information is only relevant to international students, not including US citizens or US permanent residents. If you are a US citizen or US permanent resident, you can only apply to the UQ/Ochsner program.)
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
is queenland direct entry?
do my A-levels done here in NZ count for much?
By Murkey in forum Current Medical StudentsReplies: 83Last Post: 14-12-2012, 01:38 AM
By S.Rahman in forum International Medical StudentsReplies: 12Last Post: 24-09-2009, 04:33 PM
By *em* in forum UK Medical School AdmissionsReplies: 56Last Post: 20-01-2006, 01:45 AM
By Fenixxor in forum Newcastle Medical SchoolReplies: 0Last Post: 13-11-2005, 09:56 PM