Google Body: 3d anatomy atlas

What do you think? I can't wait till it arrives. Finally I can sell my Sobotta on E-bay and just learn anatomy the way it is supossed to be learned...in full HD 3d.

Features:
    -dissect tissues as a surgeon
    -search the atlas
    -follow pathways as you go
    -show a system solo, for example all muscles, GI tract
    -make beautiful presentations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MkngVinbgA

the way anatomy is supposed to be learned?
    I would stick to cadavers... Pictures can't ever substitute the real thing.

Plus there already are 3d atlases on the market. You can get some even from torrents if you wish. Non have met my expectations. Usually over simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by jaanus View Post
    I would stick to cadavers... Pictures can't ever substitute the real thing.
    You operate on dead people?

oh common, do you really think the google body is gonne give you a realistic view of an operation? including internal hemorrhages and what not? I doubt it...

but yeah, probably not even competent enough to participate into such debates :P Still a first course student and haven't even reached cranial nerves.
    All I meant was, that how ever well google will draw the human body, the best way to navigate in it, is to have seen it dissected or umm.. we call it preparation if you dissect a dead body for studying purposes, dont know how it is in english.
    And in further years, I understand if you wanne go into surgery you can "scrub in" to operations and even see a coroner dissect to determine the cause of death(you wont be able to dissect yourself of course in that case)
    So that's what I meant... not much clearer probably...

The project is not actually a google product. It is called Visible Body, it's a free 3d web-based human anatomy browser, with basic principles that follow that of google maps. See for yourself:

http://www.visiblebody.com/start

Surely it's not even close to the detail you'll want in med anatomy courses, but it's nice to see some free projects that attempt to increase the accessibility of anatomy knowledge..