Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    I am really nervous to now, defp twtchy bum time

Nua
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyn View Post
    Hey nua,
    Sorry for the lack of clarity! I meant 1)where you want to go 2)if you can go there with the grades you have eg gcses ect and 3)ukcat, but these are merely suggestions as I recall being asked about all 3
    X
    Okay cool that's what I thought, thanks :-) it doesn't sound too bad! Thought they were gonna ask med school interview stuff like, 'why medicine?' etc.

interviews after initial assement manchster college

Hello all,
    I had my assesment on the 14th feb but have not heard back yet. i know 1 person has an interview has anyone else heard back yet?
    my assessment for english went well but maths did not. Also the bit were we had to write about why we wanted to study went rubbish. in my defence i was ill, i had the flue, went in with a fever and so my brain was dead . My essay writing is very good, im doing gcse english at the moment completed the course work side so far and they have all been predicted a* but on the day of the assessment i could only write a few things, come to think of it i wrote a load of crap.

Also wanted to know has anyone done A levels in bio and chem?
    I have no formal qualifications as of yet, i was out of school at the age of 12 due to family issues. i have started some gsce's via distance learning. have taken some exams in Jan subjects are bio,chem and phis. got 3 a's so far and will be taking the rest of the exams end of may/june hopefully they should go ok. iv'e manged to get these results in 3 months with no previous experience/ kids full time job and a bussiness to run. what im trying to ask is how hard are A levels do you think it is possible to do them in a year? just thinking of this incase i don't get in for the course and can re apply next year.
    please let me know.
    thanks in advance.

meant physics, my normal computer is getting repaired and trying to type with kids battered computer. the stupid keyboard doesn't work properly and hate this stupid online keyboard. so sorry about some of the above writing.

Just on the way back from the assessment at Nichols. Got level 2 in Maths and English, pretty happy with the essay I wrote but surprised/annoyed that I only got level 2 in the English. Very strange assessment.

Fingers crossed.

interview

Hello gyes,

I had my interview yesterday (02/04) and I think it went better than I expected it to be. The interview was with the course tutor, one of the nicest and laid back person I have met, to the point where he makes you feel you have known him for centuries. The interview took around 35 mins where we discussed how the course was assessed and what was needed of me in terms of work rate. We also talked about the ukcat, work experience and what universities are looking for in students. There was no major questions such as Why medicine or what did you learn from your experience which was a surprise to me. I've just got to wait till early June now and see whether I get a seat, interviews will still be taking place until the end of May.

Good luck gyes.
    Swami Vivekananda

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."

I haven't heard anything yet, not sure if I should ring. I gave the receptionist my new address details when I was there at the end of Feb. Getting a little nervous. Also I go on holiday in May for 29 days. I hope you get in QualityAssured. Have a good day.

Hello Dee_Silva

Thanks I hope I get a spot too
    If it were me I would leave it until the middle of May. If you do not get a reply by then you should definitely give them a call and ask if you could speak to the course tutor and explain your situation to him in person. He's a chilled guy.

Good luck Dee_Silva
    Swami Vivekananda

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."

Nua
    I applied online to the northenden campus about a month ago, and I haven't heard anything yet apart from a confirmation letter I received about a week later. Should I have heard back from them by now?

Hi, not sure about northenden, but I applied to Nicholls in february, completed the intial assessment in april and was then informed that as it was still normal term time and our applications and test results go directly to the tutors, it would be 4-6 weeks before we would hear anything further. So I've got about another month or so to wait, hoping to apply to manchester and liverpool med schools for 2013 start. good luck everyone!

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast